Kids Go Green, Jr.
- All children that are age 1 through kindergarten are eligible.
- Bank of Washington Kids Go Green Jr. banks are available at any branch location! If your child colors the bank and brings it to any of our six locations for us to see, we will deposit $10 into his or her Bank of Washington Statement Savings account.*
- Start encouraging saving by filling the Kids Go Green Jr. bank! Once your child saves $20, bring it to the Bank of Washington to deposit into his or her Statement Savings Account, and we will match the $20 deposit.*
- A Bank of Washington Statement Savings account in the child's name is required for participation. Existing accounts count towards eligibility. Please see more details below.
Savings Account Information:
- An opening deposit of $25.00 or more will start a Statement Savings account for the purpose of joining Kids Go Green, Jr. Simple interest is calculated daily and paid quarterly. Existing statement savings accounts are eligible.
- Click here for the current Interest Rate and Annual Percentage Yield (APY). Rates are subject to change after account opening, and certain fees may reduce account earnings. Rates are subject to change without notice. No minimum balance required to earn the stated APY.
Membership automatically renews each year for current Kids Go Green Jr. Members. Each year, children that are age 1 through kindergarten are eligible to continue earning extra savings through the Kids Go Green Jr. program. Program benefits and terms and conditions may change each year. Ask a Bank of Washington representative or this website for details each year.
*Earnings may be subject to IRS reporting. Offers expire 12.31.19. Offers are good one time only in 2019. All children that are age 1 through kindergarten are eligible again in 2020 for new offers with the program.
Minor children must have a parent or legal guardian as a joint account owner. We will ask to see the minor child's Social Security card to open an account.