Kids Go Green club members are encouraged to be smart savers, help the environment and give back to the community! Each year, the club members receive a stamp card with different quests to complete. The quests are centered around the community and saving money. The steps to saving are simple, but impactful.
5 Go Green Quests for 2017!
The 5 Go Green Quests are simple savings milestones. All events are either focused on saving for the future or helping our community! Be sure to bring your stamp card with you to the bank so we can stamp it when you complete one of the 5 Go Green Quests!
- Get started going green by signing up to receive eStatements. If your child’s account already has eStatements, they get a stamp too!
- When your child fills their Bank of Washington green piggy bank, and brings it to one of our 6 branches to deposit into their Bank of Washington Statement Savings account, the Bank of Washington will match their piggy bank savings deposit up to $30!* (One time only in 2017.)
- Give back to the community! Encourage your child to donate their time, toy or talent to a nonprofit organization. Then, come with your child to the bank and either bring with you a receipt or a picture of them participating, and we will deposit an extra $10* into their account! (One time only in 2017.)
- Save more by being a good student! When your child brings in their report card with one or more A’s or B’s (or equivalent) on it, we will deposit an extra $10* into their account!** (One time only in 2017.)
- Make a thank you card for our Active Duty Military or Veterans! We are honored by their selfless service, bravery and dedication to our country. When your child brings in their thank you card, we will deposit an extra $10* into their account! (One time only in 2017.)
- Age : Any student in 1st through 8th grade is eligible.
- Stamp Card : Bring your stamp card with you to the Bank each time so we can stamp it when you complete one of the 5 Go Green Quests.
- Savings Account : A Bank of Washington Statement Savings account in the member’s name is required for participation. Existing accounts count towards eligibility.
- Membership Renewal: Membership automatically renews each year for current Kids Go Green members. A new stamp card may be picked up at any branch location. The 5 Go Green Quests may be subject to change each year.
Savings Account Information:
- An opening deposit of $25.00 or more will start a Statement Savings account for the purpose of joining the free Kids Go Green club. Simple interest is calculated daily and paid quarterly. Existing statement savings accounts are eligible.
- Click here for the current Interest Rate and Annual Percentage Yield (APY). Rates are subject to change after account opening, and certain fees may reduce account earnings. Rates are subject to change without notice. No minimum balance required to earn the stated APY.
*Earnings may be subject to IRS reporting. Offers expire 12.31.17.
**Report card must be presented within one month of the current quarter end. $10 for one report card, not per grade, one time only in 2017.
Minor children must have a parent or legal guardian as a joint account owner. We will ask to see the minor child's Social Security card to open an account.