9 Steps to Homeownership
Looking to purchase a home, but not sure where to start? No problem! Below, we have outlined the process for you from start to finish. If you have any questions at all, we would love to help answer them for you! Contact any of our Personal Lenders, or visit us at any location.
The steps to homeownership:
- Begin the pre-qualified process to determine how much you can afford based on credit, income and assets by completing a mortgage application online (click to our online app) or visiting with one of our lenders who are happy to assist you in completing the application.
- Work with your lender to pull together and understand what documentation may be needed such as pay stubs and W2s.
- Discuss with your lender about the different loan products to find the one that best fits your needs.
- Connect with a real estate agent and begin looking for a home in your price range.
- Find your new home, settle on a price and make an offer.
- Determine if you would like to have an inspection completed. The loan product you choose may require an inspection. Your agent or lender can assist you with ordering the inspection if you choose.
- After the contract is accepted, you or your agent will forward the accepted contract to your lender. The lender will order the appraisal.
- Your realtor will setup a closing date and time with you. Your lender will advise you on what funds, if any, will be needed at closing. Typically, the closing will take place at a local title company.
- Close the deal, and congratulations, you are a homeowner!
Senior Vice President
Mortgage and Consumer Lending